Monday, July 25, 2011

Sweet Tooth Monday! Fudge Cake

So I found a really fun cooking blog called  Envy My Cooking and they have some fun and great recipes. I thought I would share one with you that I found and am going to try out. 

Tunnel of Fudge Cake

1 1/2 c soft butter
6 eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
2 c all purpose flour
1 pkg chocolate fudge butter cream frosting
2 c walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven 350 deg F. Cream butter in large bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Gradually add sugar; continue creaming til light and fluffy. By hand stir in flour, frosting and walnuts til well blended. Pour into greased Bundt pan or 10 in tube pan. Bake 350 deg F 60-to 65 mins. Cool two hours, remove from pan. Cool completely before serving. Since cake has fudgy interior, check doneness by observing dry, shiny brownie-type crust on top. The original recipe called for 1 pkg Pillsbury 2 Layer Double Dutch Fudge Butter cream Frosting Mix This product has since been discontinued. Any chocolate fudge butter cream frosting would work as substitute.




Doesn't that look so good? I am salivating just looking at it! 

No comments: