Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas came and went like that!!!


Wow!!! what a whirlwind of a holiday that was. 
I didn't think I would be so busy, and I still am! 
This Christmas was a blast, it was so fun to watch Jaxon open up his gifts and to spend time with the family. 
I got a little spoiled myself, best gift was a new phone from the hubby. I got a the new Droid Razer, and I LOVE it!!!

and I love how it is pink!!! 
and he got me the cutest family necklace


So every year we do a handmade Christmas exchange on Christmas Eve. My sister in law Sabrina had me and got me the best gift. She made a little scrap book for Jaxon. 

 
So she wrote a poem which of course made me cry, it was so sweet! 
 
"You have made my life brighter just by being you.
You are the most perfect little baby mommy and daddy think so too. 
I can't wait to watch you grow up and see you handle life. 
Too soon you'll be off to college and bringing home a wife. 
Remeber, Jax, you can count on me don't ever think you can't
I will always be here to help you, sweet boy 
Because I'm your favorite Aunt!" 
 
Isn't that so sweet! I love it. I think I got choked up thinking about him growing up. I am not ready for that. 
So I had Sabrina and I made her this...

This is her dads name, he passed away a couple of years ago. I wanted to make her something that she could wear all the time and keep her dad with her. 

I love doing the handmade gift exchange because you get something that is personal and you will keep forever! 

The rest of Christmas was so much fun, waking up and making a big breakfast. Watching everyone open their gifts then watching the babies play with their toys for hours! 
Off to Grandmas house for dinner and then later watching movies all night :) 


I hope you enjoyed your holidays!!! 




7 comments:

Alicia Seeley said...

Very cute!! That poem is very sweet. Looks like you had a wonderful christmas!!!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

LOVE the gift exchange presents!! SO thoughtful and sweet! LOVE that poem too!!!! Glad you guys had such an awesome Christmas :)

Sabrina Higley said...

Aww you're so sweet! I'm glad you liked it :) And I LOVE my necklace! I'm wearing it right now. Thanks again!

Bre said...

Such a sweet poem. It was so thoughtful and very time consuming to do a scrap book like that. You must have an amazing sister in law.
Happy New Year!!!

Brooke said...

What a lovely Christmas! Those homemade gifts are so thoughtful!
That picture of the two little ones in the Santa hats, precious!!!

Grace said...

Great post. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday

Grace
Http://herumbrella.com

About Us said...

Jaxon is looking more like his Daddy to me now. He is a doll (Jaxon, not Curtis)!

I would like you to make me a necklace for me. :)