Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 12- A picture of where I live...St. Geezy!

St. George

Dixie Rock, one of the many popular places to go

Golfing is one of the most popular sports down here.

Sandhollow state park, great for boating, fishing, or just laying out.

30 min. drive to Zions national park

3 hour drive to Grand Canyon

2 hour drive to Vegas

One of the best performing art schools in the World

Petroglyph, seen all over the rocks down here.
So I moved to St. George about 2 years ago and I have to say it is the best place I have ever lived! This place is amazing!!!! First off I have to say when I moved here the first thing I noticed was how clear the sky was, I mean I actually saw blue in the sky. Living in Salt lake you don't notice the color of the sky because you can't see it! I can breath down here it is great. Second would be the weather, the weather is gorgeous. I mean ya it does get hot down here, but I would take 2 or 3 months of super hot weather over 8 months of cold weather any day. I mean the other day it was almost 80 degrees and it was March :) Third would be scenery. I love the red rock, palm trees, and dessert look. This place can be breath taking, especially when the sun hits the red rock. Fourth would be the surrounding areas, as in the pictures above you can be in so many different places in a short period of time. Zions is right around the corner, I can see it from my grandparents house. Vegas is 2 hours away, not to shabby for a fun Vegas shopping day. Grand Canyon is like 3 hours away and worth the drive!!! Also San Diego is like 6 hours away, i mean the beach 6 hours away so totally worth the drive.
I could go on and on but I don't think I will ever move away from this place. But if by chance one day I do, I would really like to move outside of Utah and move somewhere similar to this place. It really feels like home here.

No comments: